Sunday, April 08, 2007

Coming late to the party

Living in India, the only televised regular season baseball games I will get to see are those involving either the New York Yankees or the Boston Red Sox. And not always live either. Of course live games mean getting up at 4:30 in the morning. And delayed games mean not watching them at all cause I'll be at work.

So the bottom line is I won't be watching much baseball this season.

Which sucks.

So far I've seen four innings of Dice-K, and like everyone else I thought he looked superb. Of course he was pitching against the Kansas City Royals. I'ma wait to see what he does against the Yankees. Both Schilling and Beckett have proven ability to slay the pinstriped dragon. If Dice-K can emulate either of them, that might tilt the balance of power in the AL East.

Especially since the Yankees don't seem to have any pitching to speak of. I watched three innings of Moose pitching against his old team (These seven innings make up the sum total of my basbeall viewing thus far), and he looked very, very hittable. As indeed he was. Then again, if A-Rod keeps hitting, two-out grand slams in the bottom of the ninth, the Yankees have nothing to worry about. Wait!! What am I thinking??!! No, it felt good to read about A-Rod coming through in the clutch for the Yankees. Really. While I'm not a fan of his, I'm a fan of the team, and so I want him to perform when the teams needs him. The rest of the time he can go 0-fer-whatever for all I care.

1 comment:

Paul Salomon said...

finally, thanks for showing up. But what do you mean? You're not an A-rod fan?