Wednesday, July 11, 2007

The All-Star Game


I'm not a big fan of the All-Star game deciding home field advantage in the World Series. I feel the game should be played primarily for fun. There are 162 regular season games played which can decide home field advantage.

Yes, Soriano was animated after his two-run blast in the bottom of the ninth made it a one-run game. Dmitri Young was bopping and smiling in the dugout as the NL loaded the bases thanks to three walks. The only person who didn't seem to be enjoying himself was AL manager Jim Leyland. Well, him and J.J., who gave up Soriano's homer.

And I have to admit, I was on the edge of my seat too.

Then again, I probably would have been anyway. The players would probably have been juiced too, given that they are hyper-competitive athletes. The managers might have been a little more relaxed, but they probably enjoy bragging rights too. Plus home field advantage is only going to matter to two teams. Did Gil Meche really care about gaining home field advantage for his league?

1 comment:

Bart said...

Tarqie, how do I become a contributor?