Friday, August 17, 2007

The Boys of Summer

I know most of us watch SportsCenter, and will probably see this play, but I also know Tariq won't. This is for him. The Little League World Series has begun here in the states, and it has started off right. I just saw the web gem of the year, in the first game of the tourney, between the Walpole, MA and Hamilton, OH. The setup reads like a backyard fantasy chant - down a run to MA, runner on 3rd, 2 outs, bottom of the 6th (remember they only play 6), ______ steps up to the plate...

on an 0-2 count, BANG! He hits it high. He hits it deeeeeeep. WHA!?!?

OH MY GOD HE CAUGHT IT!

Michael Rando got up as high as a 12-year old gets up, reached over the wall, and snagged a would-be walk-off 2-run homerun. Unreal.

Post game comments: Rando - "Well before he hit the ball, I was thinking to myself, I'd love to make a great play out here in the outfield."

Remarkable

No comments: