Saturday, August 18, 2007

Cuck the Fubs and Yuck the Fankees

In the heart of a well massive cards cubs series, I was pumped that game 2 would be covered by FOX. I hunkered down to watch what was to be a struggle for the birds, only to find out that instead they would be showing the yankees play the tigers. FUCK! fuck that. The yankees? Every yankees game is on here in NY, obviously. it is NY. But come on! NY is the largest city in America, and it's full of people who have moved there from elsewhere in the states. It must have the most diverse group of baseball fans in the US right? And still I have to watch the fucking yankees. I haven't watched one yet, and I wasn't going to start now.

So I resigned myself to watching TiVo and taking update calls from Wayne. He usually gives good play by play over the phone. He called to let me know Prince Albert had spanked his 27th to make it a 3-5 ball game late. With long-baller Chris Duncan playing the role of the tying run at the plate, and me clutching my "Cubs Suck" shirt in NY, they walked off the field on a 1-2 count and held the game. FUCK!

Not a fun day for me.

2 comments:

Bart said...

I was just about to say that I didn't like that the author of a post was listed at the end of the post, instead of right after the title, but it looks like you already fixed it.

Also, we've tied the record for posts in a month with April's mark of 9. Where the hell are Chuck and Waylo?

Paul Salomon said...

wally said he would post soon. he is moving to MI today or something.