Friday, August 17, 2007

Stepping up to the plate

(even if it means just swinging wildly at every pitch I see)

If this is Bart's idea, how come he isn't leading the charge?

This is typical of our family (You guys realise this blog is family property, right?). Everyone wants to tell everyone else what to do, but no one wants to actually do anything. It reminds me of a poll I saw in one of the daily papers earlier this week. 100% of the college kids surveyed said changes were needed in Indian politics. Yet just 0.17% of those same college kids were willing to join politics to try and change things themselves. Moral of the story: Let someone else do the heavy lifting.

Well, I've decided to do some of that lifting. And not just because Paul called me out (although that did hurt).

AL
Boston in the East
Detroit in the Central
Anaheim in the West
New York the Wild Card

NL
Mets in the East
Cubs in the Central (sorry Paul)
San Diego in the West
Arizona the Wild Card

Now, I wanna point out my predictions don't mean much. They are based primarily on the standings, my personal loyalties, and my gut. I've only been able to watch a handful of Yankees games this year, and I haven't had much time to look at team (or individual) stats either. So guessing is as good as it gets with me.

But if it kickstarts the rest of you slackers, then opening myself up to ridicule will be worth it.

And for the hell of it, here's another Peanuts cartoon, courtesy the Yahoo comic site.

Bart, you're up!

1 comment:

Bart said...

I'll post some shit. I'm in the middle of packing and moving to Chi-town though.

I'll give my picks by Sunday.